19 February 2010

Lovin' the half pipe!

Raid 24: Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010
One raid for today, the entire topic being about the the Winter Olympics in Vancouver. It's on everybody's lips and it would be stupid not to mention it, unless you're not the type that watches these things. In that case I wouldn't read this, but if you're fully into it like myself, keep on reading for my pointless opinion. xD
I'd never thought to watch the winter olympics since I only focused on the summer one, but I would say the winter one is SO much better. :-) There may be more events in the summer one but winter has that vibe to it; I feel cold just watching it, though it's the good kind of cold that you feel when you're on the top of a snowy mountain and the breeze touches your face. *ahem* The point is, I think there's more adrenalin in the winter games, but of course it's only my opinion and everyone is free to agree or disagree.

Aside from that, the competition is so fierce (lol) in the winter games! I especially love the half pipe and watch it from the early morning until New Zealand TV decides to switch to something else while my Mum likes figure skating. The New Zealand team didn't get to the finals but they were all wonderful to watch and felt very proud. Kendall Brown was good, and she came 9th in the semi-finals which was really good.^^ The weird thing about our athletes is that they manage to make it to the semi-finals but they just miss the finals by a small fraction. It's a cure I tell you!! Still, it's amazing to watch and whether out team gets anywhere or not it's great to see everyone do their best and kick ass!
Speaking of kicking ass, Shaun White definitely kicked ass in the half-pipe. He already had the gold medal in the bag but he showed off his epicness and got the crowd going wild! It was stunning to watch and it feels awesome even to witness it. Congratulations! If you missed it, click here to watch it on Youtube.^_^

Ok, my raiding is done for the week. Next week I'll probably do another rant about the olympics but I'll add another raid after it. Which reminds me, classes start next week...! My electives are on too! I was lucky enough to get into concept art and illustration, yay! Very excited.
Anyway, I'll leave it here. Later, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment