10 February 2010

First post of 2010... Finally.

This blog originally started as a school project that had to be updated because if it wasn't I'd pretty much fail the course. xD But since I've gotten this far I might as well keep going, although VRO has had an unannounced hiatus for a while... I apologise to the people that actually bother to come here. ^^;
So pretending that never happened, I shall continue with my life as a ridiculously broke student and continue raiding for more information! ^_^ So today I have two raids, both about my home country New Zealand.

Raid 22: Yellow chocolate is here!!
New Zealanders have always been good at inventing things and such, examples being the electric fence, trampolines with a safety barrier and splitting the atom (although that's not an invention but hey). So we have come up with another idea, unnecessary yes, but an invention nontheless. I watched the news to hear about all this yellow chocolate business and they were going along the streets of Auckland and getting people to try it. Most said it either tasted of bananas and pineapples and some said it tasted similar to pineapple lumps which is a Kiwi classic consisting of a small, hard square block of pineapple confectionary that is covered in chocolate. Since it's sold in supermarkets that I go nowhere near I haven't tried it yet but definitely will. Next week maybe...?

Raid 23: Cows, cows, everywhere!
New Zealand is famously known for having a sheep population that's bigger than the amount of people living here but I just heard on the radio about half an hour ago that we have officially been beaten by cows as well. Cows. Could see it coming though. There's only 4 million living here but seriously! We have a similar population to Denmark (approx. 5 million) and they don't have a problem!! *unneccessarily brings Denmark into it*
But we do have a really big dairy industry. We have several universities dedicated to agriculture. So naturally foreigners have the image of farmers in short shorts, a checkered shirt and gumboots riding on a tractor while sheepdogs are running around in every direction. Footrot Flats (a famous NZ comic which has finished now) is a very good example. But personally, I'd rather live in a place with a large amount of animals and green than in a city with gray buildings, gray ground and gray water.

School is starting in two weeks so am definitely looking forward to it since as well as our normal classes, we have electives! ^_^ We get to choose two, and I chose Illustration and Concept Art. I really wish web design was an elective... A person last year asked if typography would be an elective and my entire class laughed. We hate typography like it's the plague.

I shall leave it here for today and I'll have more raids next week! Ciao everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment