21 September 2009

Holidays have started, woohoo!

It's finally the holidays. It's not like I don't like to attend classes since they're fun, but it's also nice to get a break from it since it can really do your head in. -_-; So now I'm focusing my holidays on drawing lots of illustrations and drawing whatever the hell I like for once! xD ... And working on my manga I'm sending over to Japan to be put in a Hetalia anthology. And the deadline is looming so I'd like to complete it by the end of the holidays and then send it over in the post. Which is always exciting since it feels pretty good to send away a finished product but I always have the worry that it might not get there (lol). Every time I've sent one it has though. I usually send things by uploading it onto a private server since it's a lot easier and I complete my manga digitally, but there are occasions when you have to send things over. Not that I mind.
Anyway, enough about that, onto this week's raids.

Raid 20: New Illustration

OMG, the 20th raid!! That calls for celebration. So I bring you an illustration. A Denmark x Norway illustration! For some reason since the last holidays I've gotten a lot faster at drawing and before it took quite some hours to complete anything, but this one only took one morning. O.o And I slept in. I tried to do something different since I seem to do the same kind of thing each time so I added a checkered background and whatnot. The characters are in a slightly blue tinge as well. If you look closely. Can kinda see why it didn't take that long, considering the effects were pretty much done in seconds and minutes. It's about the execution though, right? :3
The idea for the illustration was slightly taken from the music video for Hatsune Miku's song 'Black Rock Shooter', which is going to be talked about in my next raid.
Well, hope you like! ^_^

Raid 21: Black Rock Shooter the ANIMATION!!

For those that love the song, love the video and love the Miku look-a-like to bits, there's going to be an animation made for her!! It's at first going to make a pilot which is set to be available in... October. I think. Which will be very exciting! Since it's a pilot, the animation quality will be top-notch. It will be interesting to see what it's about and what kind of characters are going to appear. Black Rock Shooter has a very nice aesthetic about it, with checkered backgrounds and the repetition of using blue and black as its main colours gives it a nice cool, mysterious look to it. For those that like huke-san's work should check out the website of the artist which can be found on the Supercell website.

That's all for today, and I'm not sure what the next raids will be about... But Muse has released a new album and Basshunter is about to release a new album as well so I'm looking forward to having as listen. Oh, and Rammstein is going to release a new album in October! Yeeesss...!!! Their new single 'Pussy' is out now. xD
Hasta luego~

No comments:

Post a Comment